Cloud Foundry is an opinionated Platform-as-a-Service that allows you to manage applications at scale. It supports multiple infrastructure platforms, and is able to standardize deployment, logging, scaling, and routing in a way friendly to a continuous delivery pipeline.
This article is Part 1 of a series on Cloud Foundry concepts:
- Deploying the spring-music webapp, Part 1
- Persisting spring-music data using Postgres service, Part 2
- Scaling the spring-music webapp, Part 3
- Logging for the spring-music webapp, Part 4
- Monitoring the spring-music webapp, Part 5
In this particular article, we will install the command line interface for Cloud Foundry on Ubuntu and then use that to deploy the Spring Boot based spring-music project to a CF provider.